MEDIATION COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
At C Hill Consultancy we pride ourselves on providing a professional service, which meets your needs. If we are not getting this right then please us know by writing to us at email@example.com. We will respond to your complaint with 5 working days and will endeavour to resolve the matter within an additional 20 working days.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint then you may refer the matter to the Civil Mediation Council (CMC) . Following the procedure below;
1. The complaint must be made within one month of conclusion of consideration of the complaint by C Hill Consultancy and in any event within 6 months of the events giving rise to the complaint. Complaints received outside these time limits will only be accepted at the discretion of the CMC.
2. All complaints must be in writing and addressed to the CMC Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org. On receipt of your e-mail the Secretariat will send you a complaint form to be completed and returned.
3. All documents relating to the complaint must be submitted with the complaints form or, if any are unavailable, you must give an indication as to when they will be supplied. In submitting a complaint you consent to all information you supply and any accompanying documents being disclosed to the other party to the complaint, to the CMC's Complaints and Discipline Committee, the CMC Board and to other relevant third parties, which may include other regulators.
4. Complaints may be made on the following grounds only:
• A complaint may be made against C Hill Consultancy on the grounds that if your opinion they no longer meet the requirements for Registration (Rule 1 (i)); and/or they are not a fit and proper person to be Registered (Rule 1 (ii)).
• A complaint may be made against C Hill Consultancy on the grounds that they have bought the CMC or the mediation profession or the mediation process into disrepute (Rule 6).
5. Complaints will be dealt with in accordance with the procedures adopted by the Complaints and Discipline Committee of the CMC from time to time. A copy of the Rules is available on request from the Secretariat.
6. All communications must be made in writing, but in its absolute discretion the CMC may also accept oral representations from the parties.
7. The determination of a complaint by the CMC and any disciplinary measures imposed are final and no further appeal will be entertained.
8. The CMC will progress your complaint with due diligence and in most cases provide a final determination within 6 months of receipt of the complaint.